Overview of the role;
- To achieve personal print and digital sales targets.
- To have a genuine interest and passion for your sector.
- Keeping yourself abreast of industry trends, events, issues and key players, both during and out of working hours (Weddings, Interiors, Education, Parenting or London local lifestyle publishing.)
- To ensure that you read the magazines for your industry monthly, actively engage in social media and develop an understanding of the key players through blogs, articles and websites. Also a continuous monitoring process of all our key competitors.
- To immerse yourself in the market you specialise in and hold genuine passion for products and services within that remit
- To establish, maintain and build strong working relationships with designated clients and agencies as well as building a new client database of your own.
- To develop, whilst agreeing and implementing, a clear sales strategy for the overall sales function of your magazine and sector as well as being aware of events in your industry and opportunities to expand your brand.
- Canvassing and servicing suitable businesses within your sector.
- To be able to accurately forecast sales revenues when required.
- Using initiative and forward thinking to come up with and implement new title launches as well as introducing new products into our service line – making the most of an entrepreneurial and encouraging business environment
- To be accountable for all new and regular business within your given sector. This must include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers, budgeting timetables etc.
- To effectively deal with all enquiries promptly and efficiently.
- To regularly explore new business opportunities, partnerships and presenting ideas and the portfolio both internally and externally.
- To establish and develop potential media partnerships for the benefit of your magazine, aligning your brand to suitable industry leading events building strong and lasting relationships that lead to revenue growth and increased readership.
- Attending industry shows and exhibitions where necessary, representing the company in order to fulfill partnership agreements.
- Using and updating daily the CRM system, Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Hitting the basic weekly KPI’s of 50 calls per day and 10 scheduled face to face meetings.
- To regularly attend pre arranged client meetings and present the group and your title.
- Reviewing progress against the sales strategy on a regular basis with the Commercial Director and ensuring the entire sales team are kept up to date with any changes/ developments to your publication.
- To work as part of the Zest Media Sales team selling on multiple titles as and when needed, depending on your schedules, assisting other team members and always working towards the common company roles.
- Maintaining high team morale, and leading by example.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the following industries Weddings, Parenting, Interiors or luxury lifestyle.
- Individuals considered for the role will be need to have excellent presentation skills, be a team player, have a tenacious character and a desire to succeed with a proven track record of sales success.
The Ideal candidate;
- 3 to 5 years experience in advertising sales.
- Extensive industry knowledge in either the Parenting, Interiors, Education or Local lifestyle publishing.
- An existing client base within a specific chosen sector.
- An ambitious growth plan for their career and a willing dedication to carving a career path within our business.
- Managerial experience (non essential)
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial and proactive attitude.
We have a range of roles available and salary will depend on experience. Please only apply if you meet the criteria laid out. To be considered for a role at Zest please send you CV & a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org