We discover more about the largest Spitfire flight provider in the country and what it’s like to fly one of these historical aircrafts.
Operating since 1986, Fly a Spitfire Biggin Hill is the largest Spitfire flight provider in the UK and operates a fleet of 2 Seat Spitfires from the most famous RAF WWII Battle of Britain fighter base at Biggin Hill. The Spitfire flight provider is dedicated to returning Supermarine Spitfires to the air and offering people the chance to fly in their lovingly restored and maintained two seat Spitfires.
With the help of their visitors they’re able to keep these historic aircraft in the skies where the belong. Traditional warbird workshop restoration skills and techniques are kept alive in their unique living ‘Spitfire Factory’. A team of pilots, engineers, ground crew, tour guides, volunteers and customer service staff will deliver the flight of a lifetime in the world’s most famous aircraft.
Fly from RAF Biggin Hill the most famous Battle of Britain fighter base and walk in the footsteps of those brave young men who fought from here in 1939-1945.
- The Spitfires are GENUINE WWII veterans, not new-builds
- All flights include the opportunity to perform the legendary Victory Roll and other manoeuvres
- All Spitfires have dual controls
- Chase plane formation upgrades available for friends and family
- Fly a Spitfire Biggin Hill are the foremost Spitfire maintenance and restoration facility in the world with unmatched on-site engineering support, spares holdings and CAA approved engineering facilities
- Viewing and hospitality facilities for your friends and family with free refreshments
- The only operator to have spare Spitfires permanently on-site in case of unserviceability
- FREE video of your flight with 2 Cameras onboard
- FREE guided hangar tour for you and your friends – view the Spitfires, Hurricane, Messerschmitt 109 and other historic artifacts
- FREE flight certificate, flight patch and set of Air Council pilots notes for the Spitfire Mk IX
Spitfire Factory Tours are led by a knowledgeable guide who will explain the history of each aircraft and answer any questions. Group sizes are deliberately kept small, with usually no more than 10 people per guide, ensuring that visitors can enjoy close, unhindered access to the iconic Spitfire in an unmatched historical setting.
Photography is encouraged of most aircraft. Please be aware that this is a working hangar facility on a live airfield and there is often loud machinery in operation; it is not suitable for the very young or pets.
Tours are suitable for wheelchair users, the hangars have access ramps throughout and our car park is immediately outside the entrance. All visits and tours must be booked in advance however on the day spaces are sometimes available.
Spitfire Flights start from £2975 with fly alongside formation upgrades available for friends and family.
Spitfire Tours from £49.
Discover more days out here.