A delicious recipe from Paradise by Way of Kensal Green
Words Cat Ashton
Chicken & rice pilaf stuffed butternut squash with coconut & pomegranate
• ½ small onion, finely chopped • 250g organic chicken thigh, skin off, bone out, 1cm dice • 60ml olive oil • 75g butter • salt and pepper • 1/2 teaspoon allspice • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon • 400g Basmati rice •650ml chicken stock, simmering • 75g Pomegranate seeds • 75g toasted coconut flakes • 75g toasted almonds • 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped • 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
TO SERVE: • Serve with a generous dollop of thick yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Cut the squash in half, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Drizzle with the olive oil and chicken stock and season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 30-50 minutes, depending on the size of your squash.
1. Sauté the onion in the oil and butter for a few minutes until softened, then add the chicken and cook on high for 2-3 minutes until the juices start to run out. Season with a little salt and pepper and the spices. Then add the rice and chicken stock. Turn the heat low, cover and cook for 15 minutes without disturbing.
2. Once ready, fold through coconut, pomegranate and herbs, and season well.
3. Stuff the squash with the mix, drizzle with olive oil and flash in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
Paradise by Way of Kensal Green, 19 Kilburn Lane, W10
020 8969 0098; theparadise.co.uk